"The practice of physiotherapy is
- the assessment of neuromuscular, musculoskeletal and cardio respiratory systems
- the diagnosis of diseases or disorders associated with physical dysfunction, injury or pain and
- the treatment, rehabilitation and prevention or relief of physical dysfunction, injury or pain, to
- develop, maintain, rehabilitate or augment function
- promote mobility"
"...authorized, subject to the terms, conditions and limitations imposed on his or her certificate of registration, to perform the following:
- communicating a diagnosis identifying a disease, disorder or dysfunction as the cause of a person's symptoms
- moving the joints of the spine beyond a person’s usual physiological range of motion using a fast, low amplitude thrust
- tracheal suctioning
- treating a wound below the dermis by cleansing, soaking, irrigating, probing, debriding, packing, or dressing
- placing an instrument, hand or finger, beyond the labia majora, or beyond the anal verge for the purpose of assessing or rehabilitating pelvic musculature relating to incontinence or pain disorders
- administering a substance by inhalation, when ordered by a member of another profession authorized to perform the procedure
- acupuncture, a procedure performed on tissue below the dermis, only if he or she has met the standards and qualifications set by the College and in accordance with the standard of practice and within the scope of practice of physiotherapy"
At Acu-Physio Rehab you receive your assessment and treatments in private rooms.
Physiotherapy is billed on a fee for service basis.
Payment for private insurance is due at each visit. MC, VISA, debit, and cash are accepted.
One business day notice is required to cancel an appointment or the fee will be charged.
Rainu Macdonald PT, B.Sc (PT), M.C.P.A. CAFCI