Rainu Macdonald PT, B.Sc (PT), M.C.P.A. CAFCI
I am a registered physiotherapist and graduated with a BSc (PT) from McGill University, Montreal in 1983. I have had extensive experiences in hospitals in Montreal, Toronto, and Ajax in orthopedics, amputees, continuing care, neurology, and chest conditions. I have worked in private physiotherapy clinics in Bowmanville, Oshawa and Whitby. I am a Member of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
My interest is in out-patient orthopedics. I have taken a multitude of post graduate courses which I have successfully completed such as McKenzie, Mulligan, Active Release Techniques, Vestibular Rehabilitation, Kinesio-Taping, K-Taping, Graston, Myofascial Release, Soft Tissue Release, Neuro-mobilization, Cranial-Sacral Therapy, TMJ, to various manual therapy spinal and extremity courses from the Perth, Guelph, Ottawa, Toronto, Calgary and Texas areas. I am certified in acupuncture through the Acupuncture Foundation of Canada.
I have treated the following conditions:
- Shoulder tendonitis, bursitis, calcific tendonitis and relief from rotator cuff tears, frozen shoulder, thoracic outlet syndrome, arthritis, shoulder instability impingement
- Core stability program
- Carpal tunnel, deQuervains, trigger finger, post-surgery
- Elbow tendonitis: lateral and medial epicondylitis, ligamentous instability
- Trochanteric hip bursitis, THR, weak and unstable hips, and relief from arthritic hips
- Knee instability, ligamentous instability or injury, rehab pre- and post-surgery, arthroscopic or TKR, relief from arthritis and patello-femoral syndrome
- Ankle sprains, Achilles tendonitis, Achilles’ tears, nerve impingement, tarsal tunnel syndrome
- Plantar fasciitis, Morton’s neuromas, metatarsalgia relief, arthritis relief
- Neck arthritis relief, whiplash from MVA, neck muscle strain, relief from facet joint dysfunction, disc herniation, postural dysfunction
- Acute and chronic low back pain: sciatic pain, facet joint, dysfunction, disc herniation, muscle strain, spinal stenosis relief, arthritic relief, spondolithesis relief, ankylosing spondolitis, WSIB and MVA cases, SI joint dysfunction, postural dysfunction
- I have treated pain and inflammation with acupuncture. I have treated RSD or complex regional pain syndrome, radicular neck pain, severe radicular sciatic pain, Bell’s Palsy and carpal tunnel pain especially.
- I also use manual therapy and modalities as appropriate. I strive to be up-to date on the latest evidence based research.